Employment Opportunity: Associate Pastor English Congregation
Hills Christian Alliance Church is a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. We have three congregations (Cantonese, English and Mandarin). We started the English congregation in 2008 and have developed into a mature congregation with about 50 people. The congregation consists of high school and university students, working adults and young couples.
We are currently running the following ministries:
Ø Sunday Worship
Ø Friday night fellowship
Ø Young Adults cell group
Ø Children Sunday school
Ø Worship team practice
Ø Bible study
We have a team of leaders in the English congregation who are involved in those ministries, however, we are looking for a suitable candidate called into pastoral ministry to further develop and disciple our English congregation.
This is a full-time pastoral position that has the responsibility of developing and supervising all ministries of the English Congregation, the goal of which is a Christ-centered ministry that builds up believers, trains them for ministry, and equips them to reach others.
1. Education Requirements: Bachelor Degree in theological studies or related field.
2. Pastoral Experience: Minimum of one year pastoral experience. Experience may include internship, mission work, or other full-time or part-time ministries. Sensitivity to issues in a multicultural, multilingual, and multigenerational congregation is preferable.
4. Acceptance of C&MA Statement of faith, Doctrine and Tradition
5. Love People: A caring individual willing to invest in the lives of his flock in doing life together. Is skilled and involved in interpersonal relationships and works well as part of a team.
6. Administrative Skills: Has appropriate administrative skills particularly that of prioritising in planning, organising, executing and delegating lay leaders in such a manner that develops a spirit of team ministry. Willingness to work with pastoral and office staff is a necessity.
1. To preach and teach the Bible with passion and conviction.
2. To provide pastoral care to members of the congregation.
3. To challenge, guide, support, equip new and existing leaders for youth and young adults.
4. Develop and work with team leaders to provide leadership and oversight of our existing ministries.
5. Engage in disciple making to impact lives immerse in spiritual studies and doctrinal teachings.
6. To equip and challenge members and leaders in pro-active community engagement and evangelism.
7. Involve in short-term and long-term planning for the congregation and church.
8. Will report to the Senior Pastor.
Should you require further reference please feel free to contact Rev Almon Li at (02) 9484 6374 or 0413 142 268 or firstname.lastname@example.org