Pastor – Gilgandra New Life Centre
The Senior Pastor’s primary responsibility is to oversee our local church of approximately 50+ people of varying ages. They must also provide high-level direction and oversight to the Leadership, pastoral and organisational leaders within the church in the effective growth, strategic direction and stewardship of both church initiatives and resources. The person must be faithful in the exposition of Scripture, so that the congregation may grow in their understanding and application of the Word of God. Their ministry will help protect the flock from false teaching and unite the leadership team in the shepherding of the flock (ref: Ephesians 4:11–14, Acts 20:28)
The New Life Centre is situated in the central west rural township of Gilgandra (population approximately 3000) largely a farming community. Gilgandra Shire is a local government area in the Orana region of New South Wales located at the junction of the Newell, Oxley and Castlereagh highways.Gilgandra NLC has a long rich Pentecostal heritage. We are an affiliated ACC church and we currently run one Service each Sunday, a weekly Bible Study, a weekly prayer meeting and a weekly Mainly Music program.
The Pastor must have:
- Demonstrated, effective and high-level skills in both leadership and the ministry of the word in a multidisciplined church community.
- Proven and recognised effective interpretation and communication of scriptural truths through preaching and personal discipling, together with the ability to evangelise and counsel people of all ages, diverse backgrounds and varying levels of Biblical literacy.
- Proven capacity to work as an effective leader in the development and implementation of vision and strategies (organisational goals) of the church, together with leadership of a pastoral and administrative team to achieve organisational goals.
- Good written and verbal skills and the ability to articulate and represent the church internally and externally.
- Demonstrated skills in dispute resolution and the ability to positively influence outcomes in a dynamic church environment.
Key Qualifying Traits
➔ Passionate heart for the Local Church
➔ Organisational and administrative skills
➔ Works well alongside Leadership & volunteers
➔ Servant heart
➔ Great communication skills
➔ Ethical, integrous and reliable
● Be in agreement with the articles of faith documented in Article 5 of the Australian Christian Churches Constitution.
● Commitment to mutual personal accountability with the Leadership Team, demonstrated historical pattern of maintaining such relationships.
● Commitment to maintaining regularly scheduled and protected family time (including annual leave) and should recognise the need for regular personal free time.
Probation period: 6 months.
This position is permanent part-time (3 day week) with the possibility of extended hours/days. Financial support is available to assist with relocation costs.
Expressions of interest, any questions, or a CV with cover letter should be directed to Gilgandra New Life Centre c/- Katherine Gaff (Secretary, Gilgandra NLC Leadership Team), PO Box 133, Gilgandra NSW 2827 alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to speak to one of the Committee or Elders, please indicate via above email, and we will call back at the earliest convenience.
You will be notified when your application is received and will be contacted at a later date to notify you of the next step.