Pastor – Expression of Interest
We are seeking a Pastor to lead our growing church in Narre Warren South (Victoria) alongside our elders, deacons, youth worker and interns.
Who We Are
The Christian Reformed Church of Casey (CRCC) is a friendly and caring church southeast of Melbourne situated in the Local Government Area of Casey, one of the fastest growing LGAs in Australia. The 2021 census reported a population of over 365,000. We have over 300 members, covering a diverse spectrum of ages and cultures, with over 50 years of serving the Lord.
We are part of the Christian Reformed Churches of Australia and more details can be found on our denominational website at: www.crca.org.au.
That’s why we are looking for someone who:
· is a Servant Leader with a deep love for God, His Word, His people, and the unsaved.
· is in agreement with and passionate about Reformed Theology (as expressed in our confessions, catechisms and creeds).
· is prayerful.
· can explain and apply the Bible to people in their everyday lives.
· has good people skills, who can urge people to follow Jesus whole-heartedly.
· has the ability to work closely in a ministry team environment.
· can recruit and train ministry leaders.
· has a minimum 5 years’ experience in pastoral ministry.
· has a three-year degree in theology, or equivalent and preferably ordained.
If you feel that God is calling you to consider this position, please contact our administrator Suzanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be processed as they are lodged. The closing date is June 30th 2023.
Pastor Job Description
· Facilitate the implementation of the Mission, Vision & Goals of the Christian Reformed Church of Casey (CRCC).
· Facilitate gospel growth for the Kingdom of God.
· Facilitate gospel growth for CRCC.
· Complement current leadership.
· Have a deep love for God and God’s Word.
· Grounded in Scripture and prayer.
· Able to preach and teach, and ensure the preaching is gospel-centred and Christ-exalting.
· Have spiritual discernment.
· Able to delegate roles and allow individuals to use and grow their gifts.
· Have a clear understanding of CRCC’s Mission and Vision.
· To nurture the congregation in their relationship with the Lord.
· Be a spiritual mentor particularly to the ministry and growth group leaders.
· Model and teach prayer as a core value.
· Recognize potential in others and encourage them to use their gifts.
· Empower and strengthen others.
· Be a team member and strive to maintain unity and focus within the leadership team.
· Find ways to encourage and build teams.
· Ensure that we keep a gospel focus in all that we do.
· Continually review and re-evaluate to see we are still on track.
· To maintain broad oversight of our growth groups, and see that training and equipping of small group leaders takes place.
· To maintain broad oversight for the running of worship services in conjunction with the Elders.
· To preach approximately 4 sermons per month.
· To work with the mercy ministry to maintain a pastoral care catch net for those not in small groups and show Christ’s compassion in the community.
· Pursue, coordinate, develop, oversee and participate in outreach mission.
· Officiate at the formal parts of church life such as weddings, funerals, baptisms, profession of faith and Lord’s Supper.
· Work towards establishing a more recognized “discipleship pathway” for individual spiritual development.
· Oversee and encourage regular church-wide prayer events.
· Works with and is accountable to Church Council, attends fortnightly Church Council meetings.
· Meets weekly with the Co-Pastor, Youth Worker, Intern/s for prayer and devotions.
· Develops a suitable personal mentoring relationship in conjunction with leadership to keep in check matters of doctrine, faithfulness and character.
· Participates in an annual review against this document and other criteria as agreed. Review to be conducted by suitable leadership representatives chosen by leadership.
· The position is an appointment to the Christian Reformed Church of Casey Inc.
· Measurement indicators, below, are based on a 40-hour week. It is assumed that extra hours for personal devotions, attending worship services, leadership meetings, small group meetings etc. – are in addition, as hours given by a committed elder and gospel partner.
A remuneration package will be in accordance with Christian Reformed Church of Australia Synodical guidelines and includes superannuation contribution, long service leave, vehicle and home allowances.